78 xs 400

Sell your choppers and chopper & bike parts, riding gear, memorabilia etc... Just register on this forum to buy and sell... These forums are not to be used by businesses as unpaid advertising. Any such posts will be removed immediately. See website "Services " page for your opportunity to offer your services and products to our readers...

Moderators: Prof, For Sale Moderators

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

78 xs 400

Post by Prof » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Two Wheel Recyclers in Hackham SA (30 mins south of Adelaide CBD) have a 78 xs400 for sale. they say it runs quite well and just needs a tidy up to register. It was tucked in behind a pile of bikes so I couldn't get a close look.

they had it on Ebay and it didn't meet reserve ($700).

Thought someone here might be interested. Their phone number is on our 'services' webpage.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Stray

Post by Stray » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:20 am

oooh... what would be the dead cheapest way to get it to Sydney???
every man needs a shed, to put his stuff and clear his head and work out what the hell she said.

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:10 am

Stray wrote:oooh... what would be the dead cheapest way to get it to Sydney???
Carrier pigeon?

Bearcx

Post by Bearcx » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Walking ???
The brave may not live long, but, the cautious do not live at all.

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:15 pm

no it'd have to be flying, it's legs are TINY so it'd take ages to walk.

Then you have to take into account the load carrying ability of the Australasian Pidgeon, far less than that of it's conterpart the Russian Pidgeon. The Russian breed has been bred for rugged terrain and genetically modified for load carrying and the delivery of ricin via well targeted excretion.

Yup, a russian pidgeon would be the bird of choice my friend :wink: .

Oh and before you think about it....don't bother considering the Pommy Pidgeon either. Most are holed up in grotty back yard pidgeon fancying sheds in Blighty; some people say they were forced into it. They say the birds are lured to Blighty with the offer of a new life by a gang of sparrows who go by the name "The Worm Heads" only to arrive and find themselves forced onto the "fanciers" black market where they are traded like animals.

You could believe this propaganda, you could believe they DON'T want to be there but; ask yourself THIS! "Why fly back?" :shock: ........they're nothing but whores of the sky I tell ya

So in short go with the russian bird, but hide the vodka!

:D

Stray

Post by Stray » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:08 pm

i was picked up by a russian bird one night.

True story that.
every man needs a shed, to put his stuff and clear his head and work out what the hell she said.

pommychopper
Site Admin

Post by pommychopper » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:26 am

Stray wrote:i was picked up by a russian bird one night.

True story that.
Did she put you back down again!! :D

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:35 am

If it did it was probably a standard Armenian issue pidgeon. The Armenian defence force had less funding than the Russians and as such their genetic research was flawed. The Armenian Pidgeons were from day one, little more than a flawed copy of the Russian winged unit. The AIP had an inherant "drop upon flap" response. There grip was like a vice on the ground but as soon as wing movement was encouraged the toes would open.

They can be modified by removing the centre tendon from each leg. It's a common modification for those countries looking for the versatility of a Russian Pidgeon but at a substantial cost reduction and greater economy of vodka

They still pop up on ebay now and again.

Stray

Post by Stray » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:38 pm

which brings me to my second point: Don't Smoke Crack.

Chucky

Post by Chucky » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:04 pm

:D

Ol Fart

Post by Ol Fart » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:08 pm

:D :oops:
750/4 Sonic chopper.
A custom bike or a chopper should be something that has had the original essence of its existence altered to project the skills, objectives and artistic vision of its creator so the viewer or “beholder” and the creator can be positively stimulated by the actual bold or sublime beauty of the bike. Both need to project an essence of suitability, practicality, function and righteousness that has no stand for mediocrity or aesthetic blasphemy.

www.independentparts.com.au

Cromag

Post by Cromag » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:03 am

Informative as usual, Thank you gentlemen.

Return to “For Sale...”