Shorter '08 Rocker guard.

List wanted choppers, bikes, chopper related parts, riding gear, memorabilia etc... Just register on this forum to can buy and sell...

Moderators: Prof, For Sale Moderators

philthy
Interests: Harleys & fishin.

Shorter '08 Rocker guard.

Post by philthy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:01 am

Need a shorter rear guard that bolts onto stock mounting position on the swingarm. Using stock seat with fold out luggage rack,which I'm not changing coz I need it. Heartland,Bitchin Seats and many others I've looked at don't do one. My stock guard is cracked near level with tailight both sides. Cut and shut yeah,but seeing if there is a bolt on jobbie. Even if I wanted to use struts,the bolt holes are used for saddlebag mounts.

Frostbite
Interests: Motorcycles & Choppers

Re: Shorter '08 Rocker guard.

Post by Frostbite » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:18 am

Hi philthy - If you are interested in making a rear fender for your rocker checkout what Mr Mudguard in Wodonga Vic has, https://www.mrmudguard.com.au/collectio ... and-guards - he sells Round Top Fenders and they are 1.2mm (?) metal - solid as - just get the right radius fender and width and cut & shape it and weld some brackets on it and it should last you many years - super tough and super heavy duty - need grinders to cut & shape as snips won't look at it - I have recently fitted one to the back of my VN900C and Very Impressed with the service, price and workability of the fender ... Might mean a bit of messing around but if you want something that won't give out on you then make one yourself - or you might know a good workshop guy that can do it for you - well worth the effort - Just thought you might like an Option to buying one ready made - you can shape it the way You want it ... Cheers from Down the Snowies - Greg (frostbite), COOMA NSW
"Recomended Therapy - 2 Rides a Week Minimum" :D

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: Shorter '08 Rocker guard.

Post by Prof » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:26 pm

Just had a squiz at the website... excellent price... less than my wholesale price! Will go up workshop in am and see what radius suits a 5x16
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “Wanted...”