2018 Knees in the Breeze Ride in Adelaide...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

2018 Knees in the Breeze Ride in Adelaide...

Post by Prof » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:18 pm

Taken a while to get these pics up but here are a few from the latest "Knees in the Breeze" ride a couple of weeks back.

Started at 10am so arrived around 9am so I could see the bikes as they came in. Turns out very few customs and aside from a couple of Triumphs only a classic 50's Ariel Square Four. This BMW has a strange rear suspension system...

Rayne rolled up shortly after me on the S&S Panhead he built a few years ago... a quick check on his clutch. Another CA member and good mate Victor rolled up in his little hot rod ute to say good day but I missed getting a photo...

These two minibikes rolled up and stuck with us for the whole ride...

Low seats and tall sissy bars... viva le classic chopper!!!...

Father and son rode this late model Square 4. My father had an earlier twin pipe model that always gave trouble as soon as it got hot. The later 4 pipers solved the problem with modified heads and different carbs. Beautiful powerful and smooth bike long before CB750s came along... definitely a super bike of the 50's along with the Big Twin HDs and HRD Vincents...

Fifty plus bikes roared out of Ebenezer Place, Adelaide CBD. The long line snaked through the Eastern streets and then onto War Memorial drive to a cafe at Hawker Street. Here Rayne just chillin' despite the high thirties temps...

From Hawker Street we cruised onto and along Main North East Road, cutting across the East of the city to another cafe then down Greenhill Road and Anzac Highway rolling into The Highway Inn around midday. Cool little minibike pelting along the tarmac...

Not a lot of people or vehicles this year. Had a lot of interest in the shovel all the same. Meant to take more photos and don't know why I didn't, so only this cool vehicle with Terry's XS chopper in the foreground. Terry and Wayne had been up to the Tanunda Swap Meet and Terry then came down to see us. Kevin and Rob also rolled in for a while...

Jason also dropped by and after a bit of lunch we both took off down to Glenelg. Cruised along the main drag and then up Diagonal with Jason turning off to do the week's shopping while I tootled of home.

The day was hot so Rayne and I got hot right thighs from sitting idling so often at the lights. However it was a pleasant diversion and as we all know any excuse to get on your chopper is a good one.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

El Skitzo

Re: 2018 Knees in the Breeze Ride in Adelaide...

Post by El Skitzo » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:46 am

Great pics and cool bikes as always
65 Triumph Chopper (project)

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”