Visiting Jason Aug 18...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Visiting Jason Aug 18...

Post by Prof » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:36 pm

Caught up with a few of the CA blokes last night. Originally the plan was to introduce our fellas to an interstater member, Bob, here in Adelaide with work and camping not too far from Jason.

As it turned out at the last moment, the two days available were not possible for Bob, but a couple of us decided to go ahead anyway. What I'd hoped to be a group of about seven, ended up to just three. Ken ended up with a very early morning start to Queensland with work, Terry's bike is out of regio, Rayne had to fly overseas next day and Stu ended up having to babysit... but the three of us had a good time.

On sunset, I mounted the shovel and had a great ride into the city. As I was cruising through McLaren Vale, a bloke on a Night Rod swung in behind me from a side street and followed closely until the edge of town where he blasted past with a wave. I took off after him and now it was me sitting on his tail. A mile later I took the lead and we sat close together and until he turned off on Beach Road blasted along in fine style.

The night was really mild and it was pleasant riding and through the suburbs, along Marion Road almost all green lights.

Pulled into Jason's to see his two machines lined up waiting expectantly for chopper company. Shortly after; a very unfamiliar and strange sound accosts our ears. A two stroke? Yep.Victor on his spare ride, his shovel chopper getting a few little jobs done on it. I wanted a pic of the man with his machine, but no! He thought enough is enough!...

So just three Vtwins and a scooter to keep each other company...

... while we three went inside. A long discussion on springers followed, with Jason's new springer as the centre piece...

A couple of hours and time to go. Jason had and early start as did Victor.

My ride home was a bit chillier, but never the less very enjoyable... i mean how could riding your chopper through the night, slipping by cars the drivers barely visible, wind blowing past and the exhausts roaring, be anything but enjoyable. In fact just 'Far out man'! When's the next ride?
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

TriNortchopz
Interests: Choppers, nature, learning more about choppers

Re: Visiting Jason Aug 18...

Post by TriNortchopz » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:30 pm

Sounds like a good ride. Who built that springer - it looks like a nice design.

EASTY
Interests: Hotrods, choppers and kustom kulture

Post by EASTY » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:54 pm

I imported the springer from The Factory metal works in the U.S. Sorta pricey, nicely built though. Hopefully hangs together.

TriNortchopz
Interests: Choppers, nature, learning more about choppers

Post by TriNortchopz » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:05 pm

I took a visit to TFMW website and it sounds like a nice springer:
https://www.thefactorymetalworks.com/co ... otorcycles
Be great to see it mounted!

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”