Mick Memorial Run to Blyth Jan 2019...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Mick Memorial Run to Blyth Jan 2019...

Post by Prof » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

Story and photos by Kevin...

Mick one of our members and a keen and regular participant on our rides, passed away last year. Jim, his best mate suggested that some of his ashes be spread at one of his favourite places... a regular camping spot at Blythe.

Weather was magic. The whole weekend was glorious, so perfect for our memorial ash spreading ride. Jim, Jason, Peter and Mary and I set off at 11am and met Kris, Vector, Stuart and Bones at Kangarilla PO. We then took off through Meadows, Hahndorf, Lobethal, Gumeracha and through a new road to us (via Forreston) that brought us out at Kersbrook. Then on to Gawler where we met Rowdy, Sidecar (and mates).

I planned to go north via Kapunda, but we got separated into two groups and one lot went through Mallala and we went straight through to Tarlee. Well we all met at Tarlee, so that was the main thing. Nothing like and bit of confusion to make the ride interesting!..

Four who were just doing a 'day ride' then left us to continue on to Blyth. The ride to Blyth via Clare was beautiful riding. Arrived in Clare around 5pm, loaded up with some food and then to Blyth and our camping spot...

Was a quiet night with a carton incompletely consumed... Good yak and a quiet night... except for Rowdy as usual (and Bones) on the prowl and talking most of the night...

Sunday morning (too early for me) we got up and Jim laid out Mick's gear for a photo...

... and then out to a nice spot to scatter his ashes. I said a few words about him; which Mick probably would have poo-poo'd)...

Then pack up time. My comfortable set up. What could be better than sleeping by your bike!.

Once packed by about 9am, eight bikes and one trike broke the country towns idyllic quiet as we roared south...

Once again we had a perfect ride back via Balaklava to Mallala. A trike for sale a Mallala that had attracted Pete's interest was already sold.

Our final stop was dropping in on Mal at Two Wells and leaving the Gawler folks at Gawler. And then on home via the hills...

All in all, we had a great weekend, no breakdowns and perfect weather...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”