Sporty chopper still going strong...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Sporty chopper still going strong...

Post by Prof » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:42 pm

have been away for a fortnight in Qld helping my son Michael shift into a new place followed by building a new kitchen in his old place ready to sell.

His chopper being his only transport and his wife having a little jap car, I suggested he pick up a tray top ute to shift and get kitchen materials etc.

We rode north to check out a ute which he subsequently purchased after much negotiation. Got of pic of him outside a pasty shop on the way.

I chopped this sporty for him some 12 years back. He has ridden it daily rain and shine to work as well a many business trips from the Gold coast to Brissy. The chopper is still going strong though looking a bit rusty from being outside his flat two streets back from the sea. He's had a few spills in the wet as well as one a few weeks ago hitting a steel plate in a roundabout. Broke the gear lever at the gearbox and he fabbed up a new one out of a piece of ally. Pretty good considering his lack of tools. Enlarge the pic to see his neat job. He's still limping a bit from that one, but no broken bones so far! Check out our facebook page for a video taken off the back of the chopper on the way to see the ute...

Purchased the ute and had to build a removable rack on the back. Used his new MIG welder, gasless and couldn't believe the neat welds it did. Not a lot of power available, but quite adequate for up to 8mm with over lapping welds. Anyway the ute did its job and still getting used. Will be up for sale once he's finished shifting etc... loves his sporty and his lad gets carted everywhere on the back as well...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”