2019 Macclesfield Bike Show...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

2019 Macclesfield Bike Show...

Post by Prof » Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:48 pm

Choppers Australia had a display at the 3rd Macclesfield Bike Show and Swap Meet today.

I arrived at 8am after a very enjoyable ride devoid of traffic, lycra propelled bicycles, kangaroos, wombats, koalas, fallen tree branches, massive pot holes and precipitation.

Last year's event was very well organised and our space was found and occupied with ease. Not so this year. Confusion reigned and an hour later after mixed up bikes and some slightly heated discussion followed by a complete shift, I finally occupied a space acceptable to the director of operations. NOT happy Jan!!!

Morning was overcast with strong gusts the first of which blew my table over and swept my flyers a few hundred yards to the north east. Wind died down fortunately, but my spanner weights still needed to be used.

Our blokes slowly filtered in and by 9.30 we had 5 choppers with another chopper and stock bike an hour later...

After setting up I did a quick tour of the locale. Bikes were slowly rolling in with displays filling up with some interesting machines...

From the 'sublime'...

... to the well not quite ridiculous, but certainly strange. We later heard the intermittent, plaintive crackling of this little motor as the owner cruised it around; intermittent, because the chain kept falling off...

By eleven O'clock things were starting to hum and we were getting a lot of interest in our "Peter Fonda" and "Easy Rider" choppers...

By midday, this whole area was packed with visiting bikes...

Victor's shovel probably took the lion's share followed by Jasons S&S Evo and my gas tank and twisted exhausts...

Unlike most riders, most of the CA jocks are happy to have people try their choppers for size...

Without exception they all love the riding position; especially the passengers...

Kevin's 500 trumpy...

Terry's XS650...

Peter's CB750...

We got a lot of interest, though not quite as substantial as we had at Lockleys. Lots of Muster flyers were taken, so hopefully we will see a good turnout at Castle Plaza on the 30th.

Peter had to leave early, as his wife had cracked her head back home feeding the animals and wasn't feeling too bright. See video clip of Peter on Facebook.

By 1pm, no new folks were coming by, so those who remained, agreed to pack up and head for home. Trophies were to be awarded at 1.30 for best bike and best display, by we were gone by then.

We headed off to Meadows where all but Jason and I turned off for Adelaide. I waved goodbye to Jason at Kangarilla after a rather frustrating ride behind a bunch of Harleys who braked through every bend! Then the final dozen miles home. As usual, the shovel just loped along running perfectly, the new springer handling the corners and the many bumps in this road with aplomb.

Overall, a worthwhile day promoting choppers and Choppers Australia...
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Re: 2019 Macclesfield Bike Show...

Post by Prof » Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:45 am

Some more photos dropped in yesterday by Phil...

Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”