Adelaide Bike Night Feb 2020...

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Adelaide Bike Night Feb 2020...

Post by Prof » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:33 pm

I was talking to a customer late Saturday afternoon and he mentioned he had to head off to get to a bike night at Mile End in Adelaide at 7pm. I'd been to one last year and despite being bushed, considered the possibility of heading down there. Thought I'd call Jason and see if he wanted to join me. Opened my phone and there was a txt from him... want to go for a ride? Well, that decided me... if it was ok with my wife. I had been out on business all day and not said more than a couple of words to her in the morning. Her response/ "You don't have to justify yourself. Just go". I had 45 minutes to leave, so I knocked up a meal for us and I out of left overs and then took off as soon as I'd eaten.

Pulled up out the front of Jason's after riding in perfect weather with little traffic and a beautifully running chopper. Bliss!

Jason led off and back down the expressway we went. Coming past Bunnings at Mile End we could see a steady stream of bikes rolling into the carpark. Seven thirty and there were already a few hundreds sets of two wheels of all shapes and sizes. Cruised around the whole lot looking for any choppers or bobbers. Pulled in behind a green bobbed XV. It and a couple of other bobbers were all that were of any real interest to me...

Here are a few pics of the bikes in attendance. There were a group of these street/night rods in varous guises, a couple with 23" front wheels and one turbo. Check out the lack of trail on this one...

Jason loved the wheels on one of the HD's. Wheels on this bike were rather cool too...

Couple of these little beasties...

Two classic 'squariels' one twin pipe and one four pipe were also in attendance along with a 60's Matchless twin. Square Fours were THE smooth powerhouse in their day...

Factory T riumph 'bobber'...

There were a vast array of blinged up HD's, one ALL chrome, one with LOTS of gold leaf and another very coppered.

By 8.30 everyone was taking off. The V Rods and some other machines hit their rev limiters up the road and I'm sure could be heard miles away!

Jason and I finally moved on. He was keen on cruising down to Outer Harbor... which we did. We wandered around Pt Adelaide looking for "The Adelaide" clipper ship in dry dock, but couldn't find her. Did find some interesting streets and did a couple of 'no no's' to get around them! Finally down cruising down past Outer Harbour and into Semaphore where we stopped for some sustenance... people everywhere...

Then on our machines again and a fun cruise back along the Esplanade wherever we could find it (which involved a number of wrong turns, stops and hasty u turns!) But had a ball which is what it is all about anyway.

Finally got to profile up Jetty road (more people partying) and then straight home up Brighton Road and through Hallett Cove. With a wave, Jason turned off in Christies and I mosied off home.

The weather was absolutely perfect; not a skerrik of wind and the temperature just right. Midnight Ride coming up real soon.

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed. I'll try to find out where these bike nights are listed and let you know on Facebook.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”