Amberlight Custom Bike Show 2021

Pics of yours or other interesting bikes taken out and about. Reports of Choppers Australia rides, with lots of photos and great stories. If you are not confident writing up a story, email Prof & get some help... choppers are all about riding, so let's hear your stories.
Prof
Founder, Choppers Australia

Amberlight Custom Bike Show 2021

Post by Prof »

It has been a while since I rode to this event, so won't be a story, just pics and a few explanations...

It was one of the first events in SA since the inauguration of the International Covid Scam, so there was a big crowd, both bikes on show and lined up in the street. In fact there would have to have been at least triple the bikes lined up in Lobethal's main street... pretty cool hey!

So here are some of the custom bikes....

This knuckle has shown up at a number of recent shows; some really interesting fabrication but not a riders bike...

First time I had met our CA member, Darren on his new school chop... and he rides it everywhere and on very long rides too...

Very nice evo chopper... also gets ridden a lot...

500 or 600 Side valve Beeza trike...

Matchless (500 I think) These were hard to beat on the track back in the day...

Early Harley (1000 JD I think)...

Most folks don't realise that in the 1920's and 1930's the main British marques had big V Twins. I think the Great Depression (another International scam) was the cause of their demise as they were expensive to build. Dad had one of these during WW2 and put long straight outs on it. It would not run well and he finally sold it. The bloke who bought it told him all he needed to do was cut a foot off his pipes and it would have run fine. That was my early lesson in tuning. Exhaust pipe length affects your mixture as does the amount of baffling you have...

Crowy who is a member of the Exelsior Culb who put on the event showed up on his shovel chopper which older CA members will recognise. Still a one kick start...

Three variations in customisation illustrated...

Four Brit bikes, Matchlesses and a Panther. Not sure of the other one...

Very pretty V rod...

V Rod trike...

V Star trike?...

MRA had a stall there. If you are not a member please join. These guys and gals spend hours (and I mean hours and hours and hours) monitoring government moves on bikes and campaigning for sensible laws for us. They are responsible for many freedoms we take for granted, removal of pillion speed restriction, allowing filtering, unmetered bike parking in the CBD, safe white lines, campaigning continually against the chaff cutter wire barriers and literally dozens more issues...

I was waiting for my son at the supermarket last week and picked up this heavy Duty mag...

Darren and I were included in their three page article. Hooray for CA. Choppers rule man!

Well that's it. Hope you enjoyed the pics.
Chopit'nrideit... Prof

Return to “On The Road Pics & Ride Reports...”